Thursday 19 July 2012

#2 Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

A stunning sequel to the bestseller Starcrossed and definitely worth the wait!

The whole plot of the story is such an imaginative one that Josephine Angelini has kept up to the standards of creating a god like world. Based on the whole idea of gods and power, Dreamless captures the excitement, dangers and wonders of a new world. I particularly like how the Underworld is portrayed to the audience, creating such a lonely and barren place that the reader becomes to think of it as a nightmare, which is how it is intended to be as it is the Underworld, it is hell. However, although the plot and description throughout the book is engaging, I think some readers could find it to be a little slow in places, but this should not let this affect them as it is definitely worth the wait for the ending of the book.

Moving on to characters I have to admit that the main character, Helen, did at some points annoy me in some way, and I can imagine why some people may dislike her. However this did not ruin the book for me and I hope it doesn’t for anyone else! Helen is similar to other heroines in other books, but what makes her different is her personality and how she reacts to things. At the end of the book I definitely admired how she acted. The descriptions and characteristics of other characters is also very well presented to us and I enjoyed reading about different characters and the detail Angelini gives creates a vivid image in the readers mind, making the story feel more believable.

Overall this is a sequel worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment