Thursday 22 November 2012

#2 The Soul Seekers: Echo by Alyson Noel

‘Wow’ is the only word I can think of to describe this book. Alyson Noel has done it yet again!

The second book in the series doesn’t fail to impress - it is a stunning story line that can capture anyone’s attention. By reading the blurb of the book and the line ‘…but first she must make an unthinkable sacrifice,’ that had me engaged straight away and I had no doubt that whatever this sacrifice was, it was going to be one to remember, and I was right.

Throughout the book we begin to read about Daire growing as a person into whom she is suppose to be, the Seeker. At the end she shows courage and strength which I really admired in her. But also Dace grows and we read from his point of view, which I feel is effective in revealing him as a person by his thoughts, weaknesses and strengths.

When reading this book you’ll notice there is talk about snow, and with it being on the cover of the book it soon becomes clear that it is important to the story. Without revealing too much I’ll just say that it becomes iconic and plays a big part in the story.

However the only thing I feel that could have been included is that the character Cade could have been involved a bit more because I feel that I haven’t really got to know him that well, only through what we read from the other characters. So personally I think it would be effective in looking at things from his point of view to understand him better.

Overall I can not criticize this book at all, has everything you’d want, the ending itself I absolutely loved - it blew me away! Very much looking forward to Mystic!

No comments:

Post a Comment