Friday 12 October 2012

Forget Me Never by Gina Blaxill

A book which makes you eager to know more and wanting to find out the truth!

We follow Sophie through many adventure as she prepares to face reality in a quest to find out what really happened to her Cousin, Danielle, because she couldn’t really have committed suicide… could she? As I read the many ordeals she had to face, I myself felt her hunger for the truth and wanted to finish the book quickly because I had no patience in waiting! Sophie also has to deal with friend Reece and her feelings for him, and throughout the book as I read about them together I started to understand their relationship and begin to feel how the characters were feeling themselves.

Now, if I’m honest I did think the Gina Blaxill’s portrayal of 15/16 year olds was a bit wrong in my opinion because I found them to be immature in the way they thought and spoke. However this didn’t ruin the book for me, so hopefully won’t for other people!

The plot itself is realistic and clever and I enjoyed Blaxill’s portrayal of it. However I didn’t get hooked to the book straight away like I usually do and found it took a good few chapters until I was really engaged with the story. Overall it is a quick gentle read that is worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment