Monday 26 August 2013

#3 The Soul Seekers: Mystic by Alyson Noel


The third book in the Soul Seekers series in my opinion could have been better. I feel that while useful information has been revealed to the reader to carry on to the fourth book, I think that Mystic could have been much improved. I say this because it was quite slow and not as adventurous as I had hoped it to be, with the overall plot being plain and not needed.

However, as always Alyson Noel has created a gripping world, staring with Fated in which I was hooked straight away. I really enjoy the use of the spirit animals within the books, however I feel they lacked appearance in Mystic. I also missed the descriptions of the Lowerworld, Middleworld and Upperworld as Noel seems to have dialled it down after the first two books.

Overall the series so far is intriguing and I will read the fourth book, Horizon, but hopefully Noel will bring more description and adventure to the story to keep readers entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment