Friday 3 February 2012

#1 After the Snow by S.D. Crockett

When I first started reading this book I thought ‘this is strange, I’m not sure if I’m going to like this.’ But I was very much wrong.

Sophie Crockett’s novel involves a young boy, Willo, who speaks quite unusually compared to the way we speak. To begin with I found it a little hard to read, as I wasn’t use to the way the Willo spoke. But that easily changed after a few chapters of the book when I began to start enjoying the book.

After the Snow is a future waiting to happen. With cold summers and freezing winters, people have been separated into categories and have to find there own way to survive. Willo is a straggler living in the woods with family and neighbours, he has grown up in a stable environment, happy and alive. Until one day his whole world is taken and he must go on an adventure to find out the truth.

After the Snow is a gentle story, with lively, realistic description. Sophie Crockett has written this beautifully, so if at first you find it strange or difficult to read, don’t give up, because this is a book worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment