Tuesday 20 September 2011

#1 Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts

Is your mum a killer? Is your dad a killer? What about your 11 year old sister? The Dark Inside could affect anyone… even you.

The world has gone wrong in Dark Inside, and Jeyn Roberts wastes no time in getting to the plot of the story. Using four main characters, we read about their experiences through having to fight to survive, and their encounters with various other characters. And I must say this book is the only book I’ve read that had me filled with tension and, to be honest, fear. The characters become travelers and living on whatever they can find. With no electricity, no communication, no home… the only positive thing to come out of this is no need for money, but when hell has been born on earth, money isn’t so important, right?

Roberts has beautifully written this book. From start to end I was engrossed in the use of description for the new world. Such vivid images sprung into my mind, which helped to create a more real feeling of the story as I actually felt like I was involved with the book. And throughout the book I just kept thinking, what if this happened in real life? Would I be able to survive? Roberts had me so engaged with the book that when I’d put it down I had to remember that I was actually in a world where no one was killing each other, we didn’t have to fight to survive and everyone I loved was alive.

A truly amazing book, I am so glad I had the chance to read this, I literally did not want to put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment